The science of politics has always interested me more than the views of one party over another. This was never more evident to me than around 11:30pm EST last night. I didn't vote for Obama, even though I did give him serious consideration. And yet, it was fascinating to watch the crowd in Grant Park.
I thought the concession speech by McCain represented his long history of strong values. Obama is definitely the best orator I've seen in a long time. The speech itself was fine. Not much new, most likely the product of a long-tired campaign. And yet, the speech and the atmosphere were still enchanting.
On the Senatorial side, it doesn't appear the Dems got near 60, but I suspect, as Mondale said, 60 is more of a zone, especially with a group of Dems that can rarerly find harmony in their own ranks.
I eagerly await the next few months to see how the story unfolds.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment